Practical info papers and posters
GUIDELINES FOR PAPERS
Please note the following instructions for the preparation of your oral presentation:
- You will have 15 minutes to present your paper. It is absolutely essential that your presentation does not exceed this time slot. The moderator will not allow you to continue your presentation once 15 minutes have passed.
- 15 minutes discussions will follow each session, unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware of your international and multilingual audience. Make use of your PowerPoint presentation to support and clarify your oral paper, especially when the presentation is done in a language other than English.
- A computer/laptop with a beamer operating on Windows will be available for PowerPoint presentations. A laser pointer/clicker and a microphone will also be available on-site.
- Any additional devices must be rented from the conference venue on a single-case basis at the standard rate charged by the venue. The cost of this rental will be borne by the presenter. Presenters needing other type of equipment are asked to contact the secretariat as soon as possible, but no later than May 1, 2018.
- Speakers should upload their presentation slides 30 to 15 minutes before the start of the session for which they are scheduled.
GUIDELINES FOR POSTERS
Please note the following instructions for the preparation of your poster:
- Please prepare a poster of A1 size: 841mm (height) x 594 mm (width).
- The title, authors’ name, affiliation and contact information must be mentioned on the poster.
- Authors are requested to hand in their posters at the registration desk on Monday morning, July 2, between 9:00 and 10:30 (Utrecht University), or upon their arrival at the Congress, should this be on a different date.
- The organizers will arrange for the installation of the posters at both venues and see to their transportation from Utrecht to Nijmegen.
- Authors are requested to personally remove their posters at the latest on Friday, July 5, 17:45 (Radboud University Nijmegen).
- All authors are kindly required to prepare a Flash Presentation for their poster (see below). Poster Flash Presentations will take place on Tuesday, 3 July 2018, 9:45-10:15 (University Utrecht) and on Thursday, 5 July, 11:30-12:00 (Radboud University Nijmegen.
Please note the following instructions for the preparation of your 2-Minute Poster Flash Presentation:
- Only two PowerPoint slides (Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 in a Windows compatible format) are permitted per poster.
- The first slide must list the title, author(s), and affiliation in a 24 or larger font size.
- The second slide must highlight the objectives and significance of your research, methods you have used and/or key findings. Do not make a slide with your entire poster on it. The goal is to pitch your poster. More detailed information can be provided orally during the poster session.
- The 2-minute countdown timer will begin when your first slide is projected, and no more than 2 minutes will be allowed per speaker.
- Please do not use slide transitions or animations of any type nor any sound or video.
- You are kindly requested to send your slides to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 10, 2018. The organizing secretariat will see to embedding them in one presentation.